1. Our Services
Our mission is to give teachers the power to build community and bring the world of Experimento closer together. To help advance this mission, this Network provides the services described below to you:
Provide a personalized experience for you:
Your experience on the Experimento Teachers Network is unlike anyone else's: from the posts, stories, events, and other content you see in News Feed or our video platform to the Pages you follow and other features you might use, such as Trending, and search. We use the data we have - for example, about the connections you make, the choices and settings you select, and what you share and do on the Experimento Teachers Network - to personalize your experience.
Connect you with people and organizations you care about:
We help you find and connect with teachers, groups, organizations, and others that share similar interests with you. We use the data we have to make suggestions for you and others - for example, groups to join, events to attend, Pages to follow or send a message to, shows to watch, and people you may want to become friends with. Stronger ties make for better communities, and we believe the Experimento Teachers Network is most useful when people are connected to people, groups, and organizations they care about.
Empower you to express yourself and communicate about Experimento:
There are many ways to express yourself on the Experimento Teachers Network and to communicate with friends, colleagues, and others about what matters to you - for example, sharing status updates, photos, videos, and stories across the Experimento Teachers Network, sending messages to a friend or several people, creating events or groups, or adding content to your profile.
Combat harmful conduct and protect and support our community:
People will only build community on the Experimento Teachers Network if they feel safe. We have a dedicated team and develop advanced technical systems to detect misuse of the Experimento Teachers Network, harmful conduct towards others, and situations where we may be able to help support or protect our community. If we learn of content or conduct like this, we will take appropriate action - for example, offering help, removing content, blocking access to certain features, disabling an account, or contacting law enforcement.
Use and develop advanced technologies to provide safe and functional services for everyone:
We also build sophisticated network and communication technology to help more people connect to the internet in areas with limited access. And we develop automated systems to improve our ability to detect and remove abusive and dangerous activity that may harm our community and the integrity of the Experimento Teachers Network.
Enable global access to our services:
To operate our global service, we need to store and distribute content and data in data centers and systems around the world, including outside your country of residence.
2. Our Data Policy and Your Privacy Choices
We also encourage you to review the privacy choices you have in your settings.
3. Your Commitments to the Experimento Teachers Network and Our Community
We provide these services to you and others to help advance our mission. In exchange, we need you to make the following commitments:
1. Who can use the Experimento Teachers Network
When people stand behind their opinions and actions, our community is safer and more accountable. For that reason, you must:
Use the same name that you use in everyday life.
Provide accurate information about yourself.
Create only one account (your own) and use your timeline for personal purposes.
Not share your password, give access to your Network account to others, or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
We try to make the Experimento Teachers Network broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use the Experimento Teachers Network if:
You are under 18 years old.
You are a convicted sex offender.
We previously disabled your account for violations of our terms or policies.
You are prohibited from receiving our services, or software under applicable laws.
2. What you can share and do on the Experimento Teachers Network
We want people to use the Experimento Teachers Network to express themselves and to share content that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
You may not use our Products to do or share anything:
1. That violates these Terms, our Community Standards, and other terms and policies that apply to your use of the Experimento Teachers Network.
2. That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent.
3. That infringes or violates someone else's rights.
4. You may not upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of the Experimento Teachers Network.
5. You may not access or collect data from the Experimento Teachers Network using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data you do not have permission to access.
We can remove content you share in violation of these provisions and, if applicable, we may take action against your account, for the reasons described below. We may also disable your account if you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe violates your rights (including intellectual property rights) or our terms and policies.
3. The permissions you give us
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
1. Permission to use content you create and share: You own the content you create and share on the Experimento Teachers Network, and nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want. To provide our services, though, we need you to give us some legal permissions to use that content.
Specifically, when you share, post, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights (like photos or videos) on or in connection with the Experimento Teachers Network, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). This means, for example, that if you share a photo on the Experimento Teachers Network, you give us permission to store, copy, and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings).
You can end this license any time by deleting your content or account. You should know that, for technical reasons, content you delete may persist for a limited period of time in backup copies (though it will not be visible to other users). In addition, content you delete may continue to appear if you have shared it with others and they have not deleted it.
2. Permission to use your name, profile picture, and information about your actions: You give us permission to use your name and profile picture and information about actions you have taken on the Experimento Teachers Network without any compensation to you.
3. Permission to update software you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install upgrades, updates, and additional features to improve, enhance, and further develop it.
4. Additional provisions
1. Updating our Terms
We work constantly to improve our services and develop new features to make the Experimento Teachers Network better for you and our community. As a result, we may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Once any updated Terms are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use our Products.
We hope that you will continue using the Experimento Teachers Network, but if you do not agree to our updated Terms and no longer want to be a part of the Experimento Teachers Network, you can delete your account at any time.
2. Account suspension or termination
We want the Experimento Teachers Network to be a place where people feel welcome and safe to express themselves and share their thoughts, experiences and ideas.
If we determine that you have violated our terms or policies, we may take action against your account to protect our community and services, including by suspending access to your account or disabling it. We may also suspend or disable your account if you create risk or legal exposure for us or when we are permitted or required to do so by law. Where appropriate, we will notify you about your account the next time you try to access it. You can learn more about what you can do if your account has been disabled.
If you delete or we disable your account, these Terms shall terminate as an agreement between you and us, but the following provisions will remain in place: 3, 4.2-4.5
3. Limits on liability
We work hard to provide the best experience we can and to specify clear guidelines for everyone who uses them. The Experimento Teachers Network, however, is provided "as is," and we make no guarantees that they always will be safe, secure, or error-free, or that they will function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections. To the extent permitted by law, we also DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We do not control or direct what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for their actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or any content they share (including offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful, and other objectionable content).
We cannot predict when issues might arise with the Experimento Teachers Network. Accordingly, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and under no circumstance will we be liable to you for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms or the Experimento Teachers Network, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
We try to provide clear rules so that we can limit or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. If a dispute does arise, however, it's useful to know up front where it can be resolved and what laws will apply.
If you are a consumer, the laws of the country in which you reside will apply to any claim, cause of action, or dispute you have against us that arises out of or relates to these Terms or the Experimento Teachers Network ("claim"), and you may resolve your claim in any competent court in that country that has jurisdiction over the claim. In all other cases, you agree that the claim must be resolved exclusively in the Nigerian District Court, that you submit to the personal jurisdiction of the court for the purpose of litigating any such claim, and that the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
1. These Terms (formerly known as the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities) make up the entire agreement between you and Empowering Africans through Education Initiative. regarding your use of the Experimento Teachers Network. They supersede any prior agreements.
2. If any portion of these Terms are found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
3. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent.
4. You may designate a person (called a legacy contact) to manage your account if it is memorialized. Only your legacy contact or a person who you have identified in a valid will or similar document expressing clear consent to disclose your content upon death or incapacity will be able to seek disclosure from your account after it is memorialized.
5. These Terms do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
6. You should know that we may need to change the username for your account in certain circumstances (for example, if someone else claims the username and it appears unrelated to the name you use in everyday life).
7. We always appreciate your feedback and other suggestions about our products and services. But you should know that we may use them without any restriction or obligation to compensate you, and we are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
Date of Last Revision: November 19th, 2018